View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Spiritual Seeker
get it, give it, grow in it

I enjoy the monthly rollcall Susan.
My AS has been back at home for 3 mos. Which challenges me ea. and every day to work on my own stuff and not his. I am trying to focus on being positive and not so critical, patient, practice acceptance, determing approp. limits for living at home. My struggle is questioning whether I am making it too easy or just giving the unconditonal love and safe environment for him to work on his mental health issues.
He did make two major decisions: he sees a therapist weekly and went on meds for depression. I know that this is just a period of time when we are close again and then he will be off in his own life.
He rarely looks for work now after being rejected many time the 1st couple of mos. Son is helpful around the house, polite and fun to be with, participates in family events, etc.. But he does not take action for some things in his life that need attention. I am trying to turn those over to him because they bother me but not him.
I had a lot of recovery from codep. behav when he was gone for 5 yrs. I see it is a whole other ballgame when AS is in the home.
He has made enormous progress if I choose to see it I must remember PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION for him, because I lived my life in the past as a perfectionist.