Old 12-06-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post
he had been using my faith (something so so dear to me) as a weapon against me the whole time! He tried saying things like I wasn't honoring my wedding vows...but I simply told him in a very calm voice one day that I had prayed and prayed about it and that I was at peace with God over my decision to divorce him.
I told my ex this, as well. I hope he gets it one of these days. He still tries to play the 'God card' any and every time I talk to him. I guess because it was what I always always caved to in the past when I would try to get away from him. The biggest difference for me this time in that respect is my pastor, who completely understands (has a sister who is a meth addict) and supports what I am doing. Ex hates that. He tries to discredit the pastor with me; the man is a PhD and one of the most respected pastors in our neck of the woods. God led me to that church in a very unusual way several years ago. When I sit back and look at all the things God has done for us this year, I can hardly believe it!

As for being strong, I don't always feel that way. But the good times are much more often than the bad!

(((((hugs))))))