Old 12-06-2007, 03:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
outonalimb

((((((Duet))))))))))

You are just shining, girl! You are so right about the forgiveness thing. I wrestled with it too. It wasn't until I realized that it was a gift to ME...not the person I was so angry with (my exah) that I was willing to give it a try!!

When things were at their worst with my exah...and I was in so much pain and fear...my exah told one of our mutual friends that I would never divorce him because I am Catholic. It was like he thought he had a free pass to do whatever the hell he wanted. Oh, did this hurt! I realized that he had been using my faith (something so so dear to me) as a weapon against me the whole time! He tried saying things like I wasn't honoring my wedding vows...but I simply told him in a very calm voice one day that I had prayed and prayed about it and that I was at peace with God over my decision to divorce him. I think he could sense the peace in my voice when I said it because he never tried to use the religion card against me again!

Anway,
I hope things are well with you Jen. As I said,your recovery and strength are so inspiring !!!

Hugs...