Thread: forum rules?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

The guidelines we follow are from our actual experience with members on the forums. I've seen members relapse from posts with suicidal content and graphic details of sexual abuse. I've seen some members have to leave the forum because they were too triggered to be here. When the previous owner deleted a thread containing details of sexual abuse I was angry the same way you are. It caused me great pain because I am also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. After much discussion with those who were very triggered by the thread I gained a better understanding of the different place that each person is in their recovery.

General discussions of sexual abuse and feelings of suicidal depression are allowed. Graphic details of sexual abuse and serious threats of suicide are treated differently. This is why other forums and professional help is advised. We are not trained professionals to help those who are seriously suicidal. Graphic details of sexual abuse are too much of a trigger for some of our members.

We have a thread going here and you are welcome to join it. A lot of the posts in the thread were lost in the recent crash.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1589373