Old 12-04-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Hersheys product look nearly identical to drug bags used to sell powdered drugs

New mint packets being sold by The Hershey Co. look nearly identical to the tiny heat-sealed bags used to sell illegal powdered drugs like crack, heroin and cocaine and glorify the drug trade, a Philadelphia police official said.

Ice Breakers Pacs, nickel-sized dissolvable pouches with a powdered sweetener inside, hit store shelves in November. The packets, which come in blue and orange plastic slide-up cases, are similar enough to drug packets that a child familiar with the candy could mistakenly swallow a heat-sealed bag of drugs, Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector William Blackburn said. “It glorifies the drug trade,” he said. “There’s really no reason that a product like this should be on the shelf.”

For those of you, who like me find this to be objectionable .. I would like to encourage you to click on the link and go to herseys site .. enter your birthday and fill out a complaint letting them know how you feel and I also urge you to boycott Hersheys products until they remove the above pacs.

http://www.hersheys.com/contactus/contact-us-date.asp

Passion