View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don W

Products with alcohol

Hi, Thought I'd put this out for feedback.
I am approaching 6 months. I remember this happening before when I put some time together but, was told it shouldn't matter. After I am off alcohol for a length of time I start to have problems with products that contain any form of alcohol.Not, just aftershave but, soap, hand lotion etc. My wife bought some liquid soap and I was having problems with jitters, rash etc.I read the back of the bottle and there were about 5 or 6 ingredients that were alcohol based. I have noticed the same problem at the hospital with alcohol based hand sanitizers. I know I had a problem with Old Spice. I changed to alcohol free Old Spice and I no longer had these red bloches on my face. Sometimes I look
and feel like I have been drinking after their use. I started to check and I was surprised to find how many things we had in the house with alcohol. I guess my question is can my body become so sensitive to alcoho that it reacts to the smallest amount? Could this cofirm that I in fact have an allergy to alcohol. With all the alcohol I drank it is hard to believe that a little in a bottle of soap
cause a problem. Although, I've heard of people on anti-buse having a reaction to aftershave. Do any of you have this problem or the symptoms and didn't make the connection? Like I said a counslor at the VA told me she never heard of it. I will check in Thursday night. Anyway, I am going to start reading the labels and buy alcohol free
products. I will then see if all my symptoms dissappear. Don Wl