View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

DITTO! What Mr. C said!

I felt the same way after my first meeting-I was closed to the idea of going in the first place so I really did not give it a chance and pretty much had the attitude of "I do not need this and it is not for me" I wanted "Validation" right away and wanted all the ugly out of me at the first meeting! My expectations were very high and I was let down-

I thank myself, my counselor and SR for pushing me with the idea to go back!

I'm glad that I did....I went back and kept going and kept going and it worked! It is working because I work it! I'm grateful for Al-Anon! It let's me know that I'm not alone and was never alone when I was a child-that is a good validation as I move on to my new life! MY LIFE!

When we learned how to ride a bike it was frustrating right? We got back up when we fell-and kept doing it over and over until it became easy! I know with me I said nah this is too much work for me I'm not getting it-it is not for me-but I was given that nudge from my Dad god rest his soul-and so glad that he did! I got right back up and rode that bike down our driveway and it WORKED! Because I worked it!