View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DeLynnC

Attended 1st Al Anon Meeting

That about sums it up. I don't think I'll be going back. I really wanted it to be something I could utilize, but it's just not for me.

I was VERY uncomfortable. It was a very small group. Seven ladies including myself. I think part of my dislike stems from the idea that it sounds like it's going to be very repetitive. Read the same things meeting after meeting after meeting.

After listening to everyone share, I think I'm doing pretty good with what I'm doing, and I'm comfortable with that. I'm going to a counselor twice a month, I visit with my priest on a regular basis, and have a very strong support group around me. I attend daily mass at least three times a week in addition to Sunday Mass every week. My faith life is VERY strong, and I have drawn deeply from that well and it has been my rock. I also decided to sign up for this forum and I think it's a good fit for me. I haven't been around much to contribute yet, but I have been reading posts and stickys daily.

I'm interested in other people who have come away from Al Anon and didn't like it. What else have you replaced it with? What's working for you?