View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Jomey

Hey CC - You did not stir the pot with me. I believe (now) in thinking before I speak, because my big mouth got me into heaps of trouble when I was drinking. So, please don't confuse the brevity of my last post with hurt feelings or anything else.

I never heard anyone use the words "turn coward" without meaning to apply the term "coward" to the person they were addressing the remark to. I had to think that one over before I could respond to you with an open mind. In my neck of the woods, "coward" is fightin words, and I will admit it set me off a bit. But that was my choice, and it quickly became my choice to let it go.

Anyway, this is not a semantics game, so you express yourself anyway you want here, my brother. How I, or anyone else, chooses to take it, is up to them. I am not the type of person to be rude or offensive to someone NEEDLESSLY. That was the essential question here. Best analogy I can come up with is this.I am not a brain surgeon, I am a farmer. If I needed brain surgery, I would go to an expert and I would have to do a boatload of research and discussing and thinking if I was going to question him. After all, he is supposed to be an expert in his field, and I know nothing about it. Of course, he is not infalliable, but he's been at it for years, and has a lot of success with other patients. So, now make the brain surgeon my sponsor. She has been it at for years, and had success with herself and with other sponsees. I am not afraid to question her, just need more info. about others experiences with AA, and sponsorship and recovery. I don't want to offend her needlessly, and yeah, I do still need some help thinking this all through. That's why I started this thread.

So, you communicate your way, I'll communicate mine, and I bet we can both learn something from each other. You name it a moment of cowardice, I am still going to name it a moment of self doubt. I have named it and claimed it. Now I have to decide how to deal with it. I am not going to try to take your inventory and say whether or not you are "brutally" honest and whether or not that is the right thing to do. I obviously have enough trouble taking my own inventory, so I sure as get-out am not going to start on anyone else's!

I will gratefully take your word that your heart is in the right place and I wish you well.

Last edited by Jomey; 11-19-2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling