Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dac4

LaTeeDa: that's an important consideration, thanks for your input. I do know a bit about codependant relationships, but I didn't consider that this might be one.

Since I said that I wasn't going to lend my dad any more money I've been getting the squeeze from him. He's been calling all the family and sobbing about how hard done to he is making me seem mean for not helping him. He is in a tough spot at the moment since his benefit wasn't paid but it's happened so regularly I think he creates these helpless situations.

All of the pressure from him seems to be to financially support him and make sure he has cigs and booze. You are probably right, I'm being invited into codependency here.

My goal at the moment is just to make sure he doesn't finish up homeless and that means helping him beat alcoholism practically instead of the way he thinks is best. Hopefully all of that psychology I've read over the years will come in useful here and I will try to steer clear of codependency, by making sure I don't participate in any of the mindgames that are going on.

Where's that support group again? I'm checking in, lol.

--dac