View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lobo

For the first time in 6 yrs. I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house. 6yrs. ago when my RAD started using drugs I was a complete mess. None of my holidays have been very good since then. It seems she had a tendency to ruin every holiday whether she knew it or not. I would always go to my sister's home.

Well, I have come a long way baby since then and I wanted to have it at my house this year, and I am really looking forward to it. My sister and her family will be coming and my RAD will be here. My mom who is 89 is coming. Both of my sons and thier wives will be stopping by to visit. They both go to their wives families for
dinner. I'll get to see my little grandaughter.....this is her first Turkey Day.

My RAD is excited....she even got out the T-Day decorations. Very unlike her in the past. She said she will help with dinner. I still don't expect much from her and if I get it then I consider it a bonus.

I just love my family and consider myself very blessed. I have more siblings but they have their own plans. We are all very close and I will be spending Christmas Eve with all of them. That is our family tradition. I have two sisters and two brothers and they all have children. When we get together on holidays it's like the Osmonds.

I am praying that all goes will for me this year because the past ones were not so nice.

Praying that you all have a peacful day no matter how you plan to spend it.

Hugs and blessings.........Lois