Thread: New and lost
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
alessandraj

Hello nikki
You are doing the right thing and I am happy to hear that he wants to get better. In my opinion he is an addict, but don't worry if he wants to get help, you are in the right track.

I did not know anything about cocaine my self, I never did drugs in my life. I have learned a few things after my husband told me the truth about his addiction.
-cocaine is the most addictive drug out there (I read it online and I was told by other people, I don't know anything about acid)
-It takes about 3 days (72 hours to come out of your system) with a blood test it can show for up to 30 days, but if I am wrong please somebody correct me.
You have to do what you think s right for your self. Please don't blame your self he made the choice, you did not make him. He is an adult he knows what is right or wrong.
Like I told you before my husband admitted to doing drugs on his early twenties and he stopped for 6 years and then he went back to it he as not done it for 2 weeks.
I think he got addicted to it because e was doing it a few times a week. The change of behavior is not because of you it is because the drugs he did. Nothing about you has changed in his mind I am 100% sure that he loves you and your children. At first I felt that he did not love me (and I still do sometimes), but this is a long process that with the help of friends and family will make you feel better. I am glad to know that you guys are going to therapy it is helping me slowly but surely.
You are not an awful person, I too wanted to leave my husband, you have gone through alot this past 2 weeks + baby it is a lot to deal with, just take one day at the time I know is hard (it is hard for me. I go through my ups and downs, love-hate-sad-sorry-love....).
I feel the same way you do and it is hard because I cant picture my life without him. It sounds that your husband really wants to stop. Read my post a lot of support there because I had (have) the same concerns.
Go online and find info about the drugs, it will help you understand
Ruth