Thread: New and lost
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nikki2003

Thank you everyone. Your words help so much.

I do have a question and I hope it doesn't sound like a stupid one. How long does a person have to do drugs and how often to be considered an addict? My husband admitted to doing some when he was younger, early 20's late teens. And when he ran in to his old buddy(how he can call anyone who helps to destroy a person and their family a buddy I have no idea) this summer who used to sell him the drugs when he was younger and found out that he was still dealing he said he didn't think it would hurt to do it just once. He said the drugs he took were cocaine(sp?) and Acid. I know nothing about these things. I have never done drugs of any sort. He said since August he has been doing it once or twice a week till about a month ago. He says his last hit was 2 days before our 3rd child was born. Yup I am dealing with this and a new born too. He had a pee test a week ago Monday and it came negative for any drugs. Which made me very happy. We have a good friend who is also a doctor. He has set it up for my husband to have a test every week. He just had another one today and I will recieve the results tomorrow. So if my husband is being honest he has been clean for almost a month.

He is taking meds for anger management and depression and anxiety. He is in therapy, one is couples therapy and another is a drug therapy program, he is scheduled to go to an 18 day treatment program in Decemeber. He will be away this Christmas for it but I think beating this is more important. He set all this up himself with the help of our family friend and our church when I told him since we have kids he will only get one chance because I can't risk the children. Does that make me an awful person? That I will only give him one chance?

Part of me wonders if this is some how my fault.

How can I help him succeed with his treatment? He says and seems to be doing what he needs to(I think) to try and beat this before it gets uncontrolable. I just don't know what to expect or do.

Nikki