Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
reader
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Yes, u asked if any of us had a young one going through this. My son is an alcoholic, drug abuser. He has been through 2 rehabs and a stay at a psych. hospital. When he was younger he almost killed someone during a fight, liftflighted the other young man, all with just a few punches. Once he was beaten so badly by 3 guys and left for dead on a busy road outside a club. He is now 32, still drinking and drugging it, but at least the violence has past. I know all too well about that sick twisted stomach, it all most cost me almost a nervous breakdown. I did what i could, now I don't rescue, any gifts are not money. xmas grocery gift certificate, stating no alcohol. As of now he is somewhat of a functional alcoholic. If there is such a thing. Remember you didn't cause it, you can't cure it, you can't control it. You have great boundaries of not letting her come home without a halfway house treatment. keep up the good work Mom. Maybe someday she will thank you for it. Been there, I will say a prayer for her continued soberity. Be well and don't forget to be good to yourself. With love, Kerry