View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kelsh

Hi Everyone, :sorry

Back in the 70's my stepson was the first one to be put in the new Juvenile Detention Center. He had been to the old one many times already. I would call his probation officer when something else happened to get him put in and then I would be the only one to go visit him. He is 49 years old now and to this day doesn't understand why I came to see him all the time.

He and one brother were the only two to ever be in jail and we didn't bail them out. The oldest one was in trouble for running away from home to stealing a car... the youngest one was arrested for domestic violence when he and his wife were getting a divorce...he egged her on until she ended up with a scratch that stayed long enough for the cop to see it. He got out the next morning and did not egg her on anymore. He was at our house talking to her on the phone so the sheriff came to our house to arrest him....didn't even put handcuffs on him. It was so sad for me but I was in for more than this further down the road.

It seems our kids are always our kids....good and bad times....but we have to have boundaries for ourselves to survive. :praying

kelsh