View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

Good morning everyone, and a thank you again, to you my friends.
Yes I know I will be lonely, and this first weekend will especially be hard. I was tired of the resentment I was feeling and knew that once again, it was making me sicker than both of them.
with my son, I am undertstanding more clearly why I hate setting boundaries. Because they make me realize how sick he is! and i often want to hide from that.
and "SS",
Yes I do still Love my husband but am beginning to accept that it may not be a good thing. He will need to accept and grow a lot for this to happen. And I'm not sure this can happen. It is my second marriage also and i don't want to fail again. although I am not making any decisions right now, I am setting up boundaries that are focused on my needs and wants for a change.
Even as i do what I know is right for me, its amazing how old thoughts of doubt and low self-worth try to invade my head. I am fighting them a bit though.
Having both hit at the same time is hard, and not on purpose, but i am hoping it will be a big growth spurt for me.
SO I will go to meetings and stay busy. do something fun. I will try to break out of my old pattern of shutting myself up around my fears and worries, and alienating myself.:praying
Thanks for being here,
Cathy