View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Stupid is not something that you are! I feel taking the step and actually having the list in your pocket is a great start!

I was in counseling for close to 8 years-after my husband had passed away and my counselor suggest Al-Anon to me about 60-100 times and i kept saying yeah yeah-I thought well I have her why do I need Al-Anon?! Finally after almost 3 years and a very horrid relationship with an A- I decided it was time for me to better myself and get to the core of what my behavior was doing to my relationships with everyone in my life not just the current one with the A! My life was unmanageable and she saw this before I did, I was the one who had to see it and start doing something about it! And life is good!

I'm so glad that I finally went-it has helped me in so many more ways than my counselor has-and I hugged and thanked her and also apologized to her for not taking her suggestion sooner! But I feel as others have mentioned when we are ready to do something for ourselves we will do it. Someone can push us and push us and I believe IMHO that when that is done it pushes us further from doing it.

Try to be gentle with yourself and when you are ready you will go.....I go to two meetings on Sunday-morning-which has fit into my busy schedule very well-I also have a meeting on Wednesday that I sometimes go to in the evening-although I'm tired sometimes it is amazing how awake you become when you actually walk into the room and start sharing!

Lots of luck to you