Thread: I Did It!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I did not want to be divorced for a second time so I decided not to marry again.

However, that did not stop me from having a BF and eventually "shacking up." That lasted a year and he was gone.. Drug Addict for 40 years... If a guy says he is clean but is not in recovery of any kind, he is likely not being honest...

He is outta my life for good and the entire process was, on an emotional level, just like a divorce. It was just NOT like a divorce financially so I did not have to give up MY home, MY car and truck or MY things. That material stuff was the ONLY difference.

IF a guy ever comes back into my life I will be very very cautious, but at this point I don't want that, don't care if I ever have that. No more of this... "once burned the stove's fault.. Twice burned MY fault.' I vow for no third time.

You will get through this I am sure. It may be your boundary that makes him seek being clean for good. Your time frame needs no definition at this point. You can define taht at any time if he decides to use again.

Good Luck to you!