View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
humming bird

I as a hobby have race horses and also get rescue race horses here that the owners no longer want to race. They are all loved and retrained for show horses or pets and usually get a loving child who will love them to death. My saying is that " Every horse needs a human to share life with".

The ex-race horses I get are so full of all sorts of drugs. The geldings and mares from the track are usually on male hormones. So I have mares and geldings that are stallions. They are also full of steroids and are very muscular.

They are very agressive - they bite, they kick, and they are just nasty!!!They then go thru withdrawals. It is not nice!!! They are in full blown withdrawals. These wonderful animals do not have a clue what is happening to them. They are not like a human that can say I am an addict so this is why this is happening. These animals sweat, shake and basically go thru hel#.

Yes, horses teach us to be kind, loving and paient. This is why I think a lot of horse people put up with the horrible things an addict partner does. When the addict horse comes here at this farm it is basically an attack horse. However, I know that with love and understanding this horse will become a loving animal after the drugs are out of his biological system.

My husband on the other hand has been given love and understanding too. He has been given choices. My husband is happy being an addict and that is what he wants to be. Read my posts my life was crazy!!! I am now letting God take over.

The horses in withdrawal look at me and thru their eyes are asking "Why is happening to me? Please help me!!" My husband looks at me in his addiction and says "So what? This is the life I and only I have chosen- $$$$ You!!!"

This is why after 10 years I have given up. The horses may bite and kick but they have never beaten me up for 2 hrs. and have never tried to set my house on fire. Good grief I have had to call the police to keep a drunk husband from beating a recovering horse.

Japico you just have not walked in my hooves. Sorry to be so down but I have finally realized th AH will probably hit rock bottom after I am dead. I need to finally live for me and not in the world of hoping he will change back to the man I knew.

Yes- the horse thing is a good thing but sometimes it is just best to move on.