Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
graci

Well Tomorrow he will call me, i am going to accept the call, and Im going to tell him calmly what I think, and how I feel, im also going to tell him im not going to write him anymore letters because it hurts me to write him letters and not get letters in return, and that i have needs in this relationship. I am going to tell him not to ask me for money anymore, that i know when his commissary days are and if I have a few extra dollars and feel comfortable sending him some money then i will send it, that my children and my own need to pay bills has to come first. For some reason Im a little nervous about having this conversation, Ive spent so much time trying not to upset him, afraid what he will do, or that he wont want to talk to me anymore, but u guys are right, if he truly loves me he will understand. Something that a recovering addict friend told me was that I have the power here and Ive been giving it to him, and shes right, do have the power, Ive been so afraid, but she made me realize that he is probally more dependent on me than I am on him. So tomorrow will be about setting the boundary and taking back some of the power. Im scared... Please pray for me that I can remain calm, that I can set the boundary, and that he GETS it... Thank u..