View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Hi - welcome You are taking terrific first steps. If I could offer one word of advice....breathe. Really...sometimes when so much is going on and you don't know where to turn, the first thing to do is breathe.

When you go to your Naranon meeting (and that is great...the sooner the better...there are so many wonderful folks there who will walk with you and who understand) you will see a little Blue Book with some readings. One is Just For Today...One of my favorites in times of trouble is Just for today I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I thought I had to keep it up for a life time.
You have done well...you got yourself and your kids out of a sick and dangerous situation. And just for today you can not let him back in...you can not speak with him...you can focus on you and the kids and not on him.

Day by day as you gather your recovery tools by coming here, reading (Codependent No More is a great start) and going to meetings, you will feel better...You won't feel like you are loosing your mind (addicts have a way of convincing us we are nuts and they are fine) and you will start to find peace. Hugs