View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Techie1701

How do I get to an al-anon meeting?

OK, I know this is a very very deeply stupid question, the reason I'm asking is that I've been meaning to go to a meeting for a while now. Years I think. I've got two lists of meetings, one in my purse and one in my coat, and I check the local website regularly. But I still don't manage to get out the door. I'm working and have two young kids (2 and 3), so I want to spend time with them in the evening, but I'm tired. I also need DH to stay with them if I go out (obviously). I think I will have to talk to him about this, as I can't just walk out the door and go. I was getting ready to do that last night, when the babysitter turned up. I had booked her, and an appointment with a marriage counsellor, but the counsellor had to cancel and we decided to go out anyway, and then completely forgot about it. So we got something to eat, and some candy for Halloween, but that was about it. There's a meeting at 8:30 tonight, but I'm already tired, and have to be up at 6 tomorrow. I think I'm looking for someone to come and hold my hand, which is very silly...