View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wraybear View Post
For me, I think I hadn't "felt" any feelings for so long, because I was constantly in a state of trying to keep everything together that I subconciously would not allow myself to feel.
Yes, I believe this is me as well. If there were any feelings while we were together I believe they were resentment, anger, and disgust. I typically would repress a lot of this in order to keep everything running. I think I was on auto-pilot for many years. But as far as really feeling things such as sadness, love, that wasn't there. Even my compassion for my A had began to dwindle. What a sad state of being that was.

Originally Posted by wraybear View Post
You may be in a similar situation, I don't know. But allow yourself to feel those feelings without guilt or shame. I am convinced now that it is a grieving process and we should allow ourselves to feel whatever it is we are feeling that day, that hour, ,that minute, that second. Even if it is a rollercoaster for a while.
I will allow myself to feel the feelings without guilt, I know that has to happen to heal and I suspect that the roller coaster ride will continue until details are worked out and things are final.

Thanks everyone for your support, I truly appreciate it! You can never know how much your support means to me.