View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Startingover2

Custody with an A

I have posted before in this forum under "Strange Situation". In a nutshell, I am pregnant with my exAH's baby. We do not live together and are working on reconciliing if and when he can get himself together and stop with the pills and the drinking. He is a weekend binge drinker and is smart enough to do it by himself or just around me so nobody else really is wise to it.

My baby is due in March and if the same pattern we are on now continues we will not be in the same house or reconciled. My question is has anyone ever proven alcoholism in someone for custody reasons? The last thing that I want is when this baby is old enough not having a say in the matter and he takes her for the day or overnight when he is drinking. It will be my word against his and I don't know if that is enough. This has gotten me in a huge panic.

He will flat out lie and say either he quit drinking or he won't do it when the baby is around. He is to the point now where he is trying to hide it from me and says he hasn't had any when I know he has.

I am not trying to take the baby away from him. I would allow supervised visits with her at my house as long as he was sober, but I do not want him to be able to take her. I worry that proving this will be difficult. Any suggestions?