Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

11 months!!! That is awsome!

Only problem is, it always happens at night, when its too late to phone people :-/
Hon did you know that if some one calls me at 2AM they are helping me stay sober? Trade places with the person you want to call and ask your self this:

"Would I be mad or hang up on someone who called me because they had a serious problem they needed to talk to me about?"

I know how you would answer that question, the same way I would, "No I would not hang up or get mad on some one who needed me!"

The phone call would remind me just how important AA unity is to my sobriety and every one elses. Remember hearing it said that "We will love you until you learn to love your self."? We do not hang up or get mad if some one we loves calls us because they need help.

Now if some one called me and said "Dude, I got drunk and just got my car stuck in a ditch." do you know the first thing I would say? "Why didn't you call me before that first drink?".

Please forgive me if I step out of line, but you need to get some profesional help. ASAP! You problems are not just alcohol related, they are bigger than that. You state that you have harmed yourself 4 times in 2 weeks....please seek outside help...you can get well...you can do this, but not alone.
I am going to join up with bugs on stepping out of line, you need to call them back and tell them you need to see some one NOW!!!!