Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I don't want to be rude but the 9th step just doesn't seem to cut it sometimes..........thanks.
The 9th step like all the other steps is an ever evolving process, some of the guilt once you have done what you can do to atone for the past takes time....... time to forgive your self, time for those harmed to forgive you if they ever will.

Probably we are the slowest in forgiving our selfs, our HP forgives us far quicker then we forgive ourselfs, I have had to remind myself that if he can forgive me I need to work harder at forgiving myself.

Trust me there are plenty of thiings I still struggle with forgiving myself for, there are things that people I have hurt are struggling to forgive me of, but I need to be sure that I have cleaned my side of the street and that their unforgiveness is something they need to work on.

Keep in mind, progress & not perfection, if we are moving forward we are going in the right direction no matter how fast or slowly we progress.

I am an alcoholic and I want it all now, I want 20 years sobriety today, yet I only have a little over one.