View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Startingover2

Ok. I needed to post and update.

Last week I told him no more being here unless he stops drinking and gets help. He of course swore up and down he wouldn't drink all weekend.....well, he didn't. BUT, I think he traded one drug for another.

Yesterday he said he had to go to work for a bit. He was clear and sober when he left. When he got back 2 hours later he was on something. I didn't smell any beer but he was slurring and not walking so great. Not bad, but I noticed. He laid down on the couch at 3:30 and fell asleep and did not wake again until this morning. I checked his phone when he was sleeping and saw from the minute he left he called this one number over and over and over for about 15 minutes. At least 10 times. Didn't look like whomever he was calling answered until the last time and they talked for 7 minutes. Then no more calls after that.

He is also addicted to prescription meds as well and those were a real problem when we were married. Back then he didn't drink too much, just took pills and slept alot. I think he thought he wouldn't drink this weekend so I wouldn't say anything and then went and bought some sort of pills. He was clearly not the same person he was when he left and then the sleeping was a dead giveaway.

Trading one addiction for another.