Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kelsh

Hi Passions,

Your children look so happy! Must be that they have a loving Mommy & Daddy! My youngest daughter has been through a lot of emotional issues starting from age 4 or 5. Then when she was 11 she was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. That was the event that almost broke the camels back.

She had help with her depression and childhood abuse from more counseling and group therapy when she was a teen and all the questions about self-esteem and life came up.

She is 30 years old now and just got married this last May. I am so proud of her and all she has accomplished. I have four older children but this daughter and I were alone most of her growing up years so we did become very close. I took her on mini-vacations and was able to do more for her than my older kids because I had a very good job. She qualified for Social Security Disability from her Dad so went to live on her own when she graduated from high school. She had learning disabilities but did graduate with her class after I moved her to the school in the next town.

She had a lot to overcome and was much stronger and stable than I thought she ever could be. Proves that this Mom was wrong.....Never under estimate the power of a child!!!

I hope all continues to go well for your family. Lots of Luck!

kelsh