OT/ Dakota Pics/ and the story of the mean Pumpkin Smashers

Old 10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

OT/ Dakota Pics/ and the story of the mean Pumpkin Smashers

I've added a couple of new pictures to Dakota's site Click Here.

(as entered in her journal on her site)

Though the sad thing is that we had bought the kids the two bigger pumpkins that they are sitting on in the picture & then we took them to store and let them pick out three little pumpkins. I asked each one what kind of face they wanted their pumpkin to have and Elijah said, Pampire LOL, Savanna wanted a girl one with lashes and all, Dakota simply wanted one with a smile. I carved each one to the specific request. Each morning when we'd get up and we'd go out into the kitchen and look out the window at the pumpkins. One morning we went to look at them and they were not there. Later I found them smashed in the street and through-out our yard. Sounds silly, but my heart was crushed. I cried. and I think I cried because those pumpkins represented happiness (the babies loved them). I loved looking at them with the babies. I cried, because who ever did that was just plain mean hearted if they only knew what this family had been through and more so what the little girl whose pumpkin that had a smiley face carved in it had been through. Sad that people can be so thoughtless and mean. Anyways, we will be getting more pumpkins I think sometime this weekend. I'm gonna get a special one to sit out front and all around it I'm going to place big ol' rat traps covered in fall leaves - gonna catch me a pumpkin mangler LOL *wink*

Passion
Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Passions -

Thanks so much for the pictures. I couldn't see all the pictures at first, so disabled my firewall long enough to see them. You have beautiful children and Dakota has stolen my heart!!! How is she doing now?

Sorry to hear about the heartless pumpkin smashers....here's hoping you catch 'em.

My mom was always a smiley-face person...her name started with an A and she always turned it into a smiley-face. I took up the smiley crusade when she died and a lot of people who know me have picked it up, too. Now, when I write my smiley-face, I will also think of your precious Dakota.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy
Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I might have a bear trap down in my Dad's Basement if you would rather just set that... I think it has teeth (illegal now in my State) and a big ol' honkin' chain you can snub to a nearby "solid object..."
Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Beautiful children! They are very lucky to have you as a mom.
susan
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Codie Bus is on the way

We have our own secret weapons....first we whack them with the skillet and then one of us

*ahem* will kick them to the curb with her steel toed bunny slippers.

Your kids are all just precious and Dakota is still in my prayers. I just know that God will send many blessings your way, He can take care of your family and WE will take care of the jerks who smashed your pumpkins!!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Passion)))

Wishing you all the best, especially during the holidays.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Passions,

Your children look so happy! Must be that they have a loving Mommy & Daddy! My youngest daughter has been through a lot of emotional issues starting from age 4 or 5. Then when she was 11 she was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. That was the event that almost broke the camels back.

She had help with her depression and childhood abuse from more counseling and group therapy when she was a teen and all the questions about self-esteem and life came up.

She is 30 years old now and just got married this last May. I am so proud of her and all she has accomplished. I have four older children but this daughter and I were alone most of her growing up years so we did become very close. I took her on mini-vacations and was able to do more for her than my older kids because I had a very good job. She qualified for Social Security Disability from her Dad so went to live on her own when she graduated from high school. She had learning disabilities but did graduate with her class after I moved her to the school in the next town.

She had a lot to overcome and was much stronger and stable than I thought she ever could be. Proves that this Mom was wrong.....Never under estimate the power of a child!!!

I hope all continues to go well for your family. Lots of Luck!

kelsh
Old 10-20-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

some people do not know what they are doing & how much harm they do when they play these pranks.i am sorry this happened to your family.,
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your children are beautiful and your love for them shines in the journal. I keep them and all of you in my prayers...This morning I am having a hard time praying for the pumpkin smashers...but I am trying to pray that they will be enlightened and understand that such a stupid act can cause pain. Hugs and prayers
Old 10-20-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nyte,
Those babies are adorable. They all look so happy.

I think the bear trap is an excellent idea.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Aw, what a little sweetheart. So precious. Thank you for the update. May God continue to heal her.