View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Good morning all!

Why can't go bad one at a time Had to make a decision on whether to get car fixed (no heat and a bad sensor at $700) or get dental work (close to $3000 B4 I get the partials, another $2000). Initially, need 4 teeth pulled.

As it has gotten a little chilly a few nights and no fun without defroster AND I am looking at this trip to MN, car won out on that debate and is supposed to come out of the shop today. Last night, one of the teeth that needs pulling started aching, then broke in half, and now am in PAIN!!! Have been taken ibuprofen 800 mg all night, but can't even close my mouth.

So, am off to the dentist. He is very aware of my recovery - in fact his brother is a recovering crack addict, and the hygeinist's mom is an active addict. His office will not give an more than 16 lortab 7.5's for anything and NO refills. I've had to take lortabs and muscle relaxers twice been my ruptured disc in my back flared up and I was okay - kept my recovery first and foremost and did not abuse the meds. Will also ask him to give me script for the ibuprofen since the ones I've been taking are my stepmom's.

Thank God for my dad - he is loaning me part of the money to get the car done (I've always paid him back quickly) and told me to take a blank check to the dentist, but I've got enough $$ in my account (I think) to cover this so am hoping to bring the blank check back to him. I don't consider it enabling 'cause I always pay him back and have helped him out when money was tough.

Can't get the tooth pulled today 'cause today is my Monday and I've got to work tonight. Will set an appointment for Wed. so I have a couple days to recover. I am waiting for a new credit card - didn't want to use it, 'cause don't want to go further into debt, but if I have to use it I will. Wanted it for a "backup" for emergencies. Will just turn the $$ worries over to God - He hasn't let me down yet.

Will check back in when I get back.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy