View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
GailJ

[/QUOTE]What has happened to you is a lot, Gail. I think you´re coping well by paying the bills and overdue taxes and giving your husband space. I still think both of you would benefit from marital/or privat counselling, but you do it when you´re ready.

We had a bad time like this in my family. My cousin was raped and killed by a serial killer, my father got cancer the same year, I divorced, my sister-in-law died in a terrible accident... everything in the same year. It took us a long time to recover. I went into therapy and my shrink tought me how to live in the here and now, exercise and have a calm time every day. Take it one day at a time or even one hour at a time. Hope it helps.

We´re here for you, so don´t worry too much.

Love and light,[/QUOTE]

just finished a long reply and it had me as not logged in and poof it was gone.
Just having my morning coffee, home today, big amonia leak and refridgeration breakdown yesterday, till not fixed
Poor engineers have a real mess on their hands. Supposed to go in Saturday instead. Don't know wy they just don't put it onto next week. Only two days next week as well. Hey at least I'll be getting overtime pay.

Hubby would never go to therapy, unfortunately, I asked him before and he said no way. Lil I can relate to the one thing, after another, after another. Really shakes up your basic needs and beliefs, your perceptions of safety. The therapy helps, for me the book is not telling me anything I havn't learned before but it is a good reminder and recogonition of how the anx/panick/ and trauma's affect us and can be reevaluated and changed back to the here and now in healthier and more secure ways. I am just reading through it right now. Still finding my concentration and focus is interupted too much, so I'll finish reading and then go back ad read it again while working out the CBT and relaxation exersizes.

I have decided to really push for the womens shelter and am going to start writing to the paper to shake things up a bit. I'm just going to sign as concerned citizen for now. I think it's a good project to concentrate on, better than being a union steward again, but still helping others in the long run. Have a good day folks.

Gail