Old 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

With recovery I....

Remind myself if I start to feel a resentment that I have given a person permission to use me or manipulate or anger me...so by changing that behavior, I am the solution, not the problem.

Think about what I am grateful for as my first thoughts each morning...It's become a habit and it feels good to realize that it is

Consider God one of my closest friends

No longer feel the need to explain to someone in great and painful detail why his or her actions were hurtful or "wrong" (I was trying to control what wasn't mine and I thought if people could just think like I think they wouldn't do such things.)

Find my most precious moments are with the most simple things...a beautiful sunrise or sunset, the leaves changing, a moving passage in a book, hearing a little one's laughter...sharing laughter with someone I love.

No longer fear the future...I truly believe that I can focus on each day and live in the posiitve and what will be will be for a reason.

I still work hard on his will not mine...it is easier in some scenarios than others. But I know my thinking is so different than it was just a year and a half ago.

With recovery I really do like me a lot more than I ever did...And I like the world a whole lot more too.

Terrific thread, thank you Ann!