View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBQBOY

Nice to meet you MDScot,

Your story sounds very similiar to mine. I was also a fifth to a liter vodka drinker during my active days. For years I would sober up, find AA, get "cured" , and then go right back out again and again. I guess I wasn't at my bottom yet, but I was digging quick......the last time I "experimented" with my control was a joke...no control at all, up to a 1.75 Lt a day.. The world around me that I was holding at bay for many years, crumbled real quick.......
I had always said that in-patient rehab was for those who are real sick, I'll never be that sick......BUT I was that sick and that tired....after talks with my wife and doctor, we all agreed 28 day rehab was my only and maybe LAST chance at saving my life....
It wasn't easy, it wasn't cheap, it was no picnic.....But that rehab gave me alot of tools and insight, that gets me through each day....I was alone with my thoughts, I got a break from life to concentrate on ME,ME ME.... After I got home I continued with my old recovery program, but this time it seemed different , I STARTED GETTING IT !!!!!
It has been 17 months since then, I'm doing real well today.
Just my story, hope it helps.........

The rehab facility was local and I saw my family every Sun. which helped alot...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.........

Work Hard and Enjoy Life.....Ned