View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

MDscot I did not do a rehab after detox, looking back on it now I think it may have made things easier, but I threw myself heart and soul into AA!

I worked it hard! Everything Groucho mentioned I did..... I wanted it BAD!!!!

AA is no different then any other program of recovery or anything in life in general, you get out of it what you put into it!

For me sobriety became and still is my number one priority in my life, I have told my wife this and she understands and accepts this, we both know where I was at after 40 years of drinking, the last 5 of which consisted of almost daily black outs. How in the world I did not lose my job or wind up in jail for multiple DUIs I have no idea!

I know that the second I put ANYTHING in front of my sobriety I may very well lose it all, my whole life would wind up being the fullfillment of all the yets.

If you are doing everything that Groucho mentioned and still find your self relapsing every 3-4 months, maybe a rehab would help, maybe it just may be you have not finished drinking yet, I am not saying that to be mean, for some folks it is just a fact.

I pray that I have had enough to drink, I feel I have, I have worked all the steps and continue to work them and live them to the best of my ability, I am also a sponsor who helps other alcoholics get and stay sober.

It says in the BB several times that the most effective way of staying sober when all else fails it working with other alcoholics, I can tell you it sure helps me.

Do not give up, be willing to do what ever it takes to stop, if it means really working AA then do it, if it means rehab and then really working AA do that, just do not give up, keep at it, sobriety is there for anyone willing to work for it.

Talk to your sponsor about this, if you do not have a sponsor I would suggest getting one and talking to them about this.