View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up Welcome!

You are in the right place. The last years of my drinking was mostly in my home. I always had a glass in my hand when doing housework, laundry, or cooking. I finally got to the end or my bottom and made an appointment at Mental Health because I thought I was really crazy doing all this drinking myself into a stupor every night & worse on the weekend.

I was evaluated as being in the begining of being an end-stage alcoholic. When I was admitted to the hospital for detox I had a blood alcohol of 0.3 and the alcohol counselor could not believe how clear I was talking, how good I was walking....he said that was a worry because I had such a high tolerance for alcohol.

I was 48 years old at this time and felt I just had death staring me in the face. I did go to AA and counseling for both my alcoholism & depression.

I still live the AA Program in my life and still take medication for my depression. I hope you will be able to discuss all your issues with the counselor you see. You can even be seen on an emergency basis in most communities if you feel you need help sooner than an appointment can be made.

It must have taken a lot of courage to come on line. That is what it takes here to help ourselves get better.

kelsh