Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((lilyflower))

Hi & Welcome to SR -

Reaching out for help is one the many, many ways that we can find help in dealing with a loved ones drinking issues.

I am married to an alcoholic/addict - the first 10 or so yrs of our marriage were lived with the active chaos of the drinking & using and all the drama that goes with it - his & mine.

Then we had a couple of yrs with Recovery and although it wasn't perfect - it is an awesome place to be in a loving relationship where both parties are truly devoted to recovery, devoted to working on the marriage and dedicated to their spiritual journey.

But, the disease has become active in our lives again. Not only in my marriage, but also in one of our adult daughters.

Today, I am still in this marriage and still have contact with that daughter. This is the decision for today. It may change tomorrow, only my HP knows that. I have set boundaries, do strong self-care and a wonderful support system in my Al-Anon (f2f) Home group & SR families. But the most important is my relationship with the God of my understanding.

It is never easy living with the active part of the disease - I do not know how long that my life will be in this season - but I do know that I have the tools to take care of me, to detach with love, to comprehend what is happening, to stay away from denial and to lovingly give my family members to their God so that they can be in His care.

That, my new friend, is how I am living with active alcholism - One Day at a Time - still learning to be Happy, Joyous and Free - regardless of the actions of others.

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita