View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

(((macmerry)))
My heart breaks for you. My son is the one who brought me here...falling apart. I had ALL of the same feelings as you.
It was the wise people here who embraced me and my thoughts and slowly allowed me to realize that there wasn't a darn thing I could do to save him.
What I was able to do, however, was save me.
I had to look at it from a positive standpoint (as hard as that is to see right now)

Your daughter:
Has tried and slipped, done well, and failed etc etc. The important part is that she seems to keep trying. Don't think she'll never get it, miracles happen everyday (look in the addicts forum...there's proof)

You could have her come home and perhaps witness first hand the struggle, or you could allow her to find her own way, taking advantage of the help that is out there, and letting professionals help.

And when she does find her way...she can know that it was a great thing she just accomplished. And she can be proud of herself for doing so, and maybe help another in need.

I know as Mom's we feel so responsible for the health and happiness of our kids. I still struggle with that. But I realized some time ago that what I thought was helping, was not. In fact, deep down inside I was needing him to need me.

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers
((((Hugs)))
Cece