View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

It is very hard as parents to see our children chose this way of life. But it is their choice not ours. It is frustrating and breaks my heart to watch my son seem to be getting better and then he is back in the lifestyle.
you are right, our children do need us. To love them in a healthy way. i am beginning to find out that my son doesn't need me the way I always thought he did. to save him from his troubles. It seemed like the thing to do because if would take his pain away. But it only lasted for awhile and then he seemed to want more pain because he wasn't changing. so I decided I had to change or I was going to go insane. He and it ( his addiction )consumed my life. but I am finding out that me worrying wasn't what was keeping him alive and it wasn't keeping him away from drugs but it was slowly killing me. And i am chosing to live. there is lots to learn here. I know i am beginning to get what this is about and what i can gain. And the first steps seem to bring me a little Peace. So I'll take that for now. Read all the stickys above. Go to Nar-Anon meetings for parents, or Al-anon if there isn't any Nar-Anon near you. It is saving my sanity by helping me to let him walk under God's care and not my control and worry. ( which did absolutely nothing anyways) So My prayers are out tonight for you and your daughter.