Old 11-02-2003, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wishIsedNO

Well I found this program im in when i was in a program when i got arrested for the secound time for posession...The lady who was helping me I guess saw me like her daughter since me and her daughter are the same age,..Im 22..So she told me that this clinic im going to now specializes in heroin addicts..Its in a old hospital which has been studying heroin addiction for more then 40 yrs..So she sed that she thinks i might do well there..And I have..But I have to say one thing about what you sed just now..
Don't think because she is only thinking about staying well and using the drug that this means she isnt gonna get well or doesnt want too..When I got to the program Im in now..All i wanted it for was so i wouldnt be so desperate to use..I wanted to be able to have off days..And when your sick you cant not do it one day...But a week after I was in there i got sick with endocarditis which is a infection in your heart from shooting dope..Anyways i believe it was the near death experience and how good the counselors and workers are in my program that got me to see things in different light but even then it took me about 7 months to get completely clean off of using..i didnt become a junkie in one day and you dont get clean that fast either..Never lose hope..Addicts have a tendancy as doing a complete 360*..If you need any more questions answered or someone to lisiten to you..You can PM me anytime..I wish you the best..Jackie