View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Music

I've heard it said in AA that when the compulsion to drink comes back, and it will, You will know what to do.

Hi Jewel,
I experienced that situation with about six months sober. The reference on page 43 is true for me. I tried to get human help and it wasn't available. Nobody's fault...just the way it was. I prayed and told God I was scared and didn't know what to do. After praying, I just did the next thing in front of me. As with Carol, I've never been faced with that dilema since. I agree, we will know what to do but first, we have to not want to drink enough to do what we should do. If I had wanted to drink, I wouldn't have sought out human help nor would I have prayed. Maybe the lack of human help was what I needed to have happen so I would decide to give God a chance.
In the beginning I didn't believe God cared enough for me to help me. The fact that I'd been lead to AA didn't cross my mind. So, the praying did the trick. I rmember that experience exactly to this day. That's the day I knew God cared.