View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Courage to Change ~ October 8

Courage to Change ODAT in Al-Anon II 10/8

My life is a miracle! When I felt alone and far from hope, I was guided to Al Anon, where I learned that no situation is really hopeless. Others had been through the pain of coping with a loved one’s alcoholism. They too had known frustration, anger, disappointment, and anxiety, yet had learned to live serene and even happy lives. Through the program, the tools that lead to serenity and the gift of recovery are mine for the taking, along with the support I need. Just as I was guided to Al Anon, I am guided through recovery, and I continue to be transformed.

I see that miracles frequently touch my life. Maybe they always have, but I didn’t see them. Today I am aware of many gifts and wonders because I am actively practicing gratitude. So I thank my Higher Power for little things as well as big ones. I am grateful for the snooze button on my alarm clock that gives me a few extra minutes of sleep, as well as for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, and the ability to give and receive love.

Today’s Reminder:

When I take time for gratitude, I perceive a better world. Today I will appreciate the miracles all around me.

“Even the darkest of moments can be faced with a grateful heart, if not for the crisis itself, at least for the growth it can evoke with the help of our Higher Power.” … In All Our Affairs