View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 04:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Patsyd1

These new people go beyond the usual cranky alkies who dont want to be here. They troop in, talk amongst themselves, disrupt the meeting and, when the magic card is signed, leave without so much as a kiss my butt. Those are the people I'm talking about and you have been very fortunate not to have run into them.
Niner.... what you are speaking of is a direct responsibility of YOUR GROUP to bring the meeting back. If they are that disruptive, then politely ask them to leave.....or call a group conscience and VOTE no more signing of court slips.

Niner...... Tradition 3 addresses all those concerns very nicely.

Page 140 and 141 of the 12 Step Book..... addresses what your concerns are.

Personally.... my home group puts on an AA meeting.....and WE do not allow anyone to hyjack it....... that is OUR responsbility as an AA group. We read at the beginning of the AA meeting..... "please refrain from conversation during the meeting..... if you have something pressing to discuss, PLEASE TAKE IT OUTSIDE. When there is chatter, or any other disturbance that needs to be addressed immedately, We do not hesitate to do immediately ...... We have, from the podium, when necessary (which is rare)..... simply stated.... PLEASE QUIET DOWN.... AND/OR TAKE IT OUTSIDE.

If a few continue to disrupt the meeting...... they are approached and asked to finish up outside. We have never had a problem that hyjacked the our AA meeting after setting the proper boundries of what is acceptable and what is not at our AA meeting.

What would I write to the court? Nothing, because it is an outside issue, and when the court ordered people come in, then it becomes an inside issue..... that WE as an AA group deal with.

If this is an out of control problem at your AA group, then I suggest that you take it to where you can do something about it........ at the AA business meeting.

The court orders these people to go to an AA meetings and get their slip signed....... the court can not order the AA meeting to sign the slips or to do anything that the group deems not acceptable at that AA meeting...... such as a group conscience of "We do not sign court slips here at this AA meeting.

There are many AA meetings that one can chose to go to...... especially in California...... so call the business meeting to order, and vote.

AA cooperates..... AA groups do not allow hyjacking the meeting. LOL

Have you contacted AA World Services..... they may be able to explain how the Traditions work........and it will up to your own AA group to say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean........... and just follow through with adhering to the AA 12 Traditions.

Love
Patsy