View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 12:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Chy

[i]Originally posted by Ninerfan
The only reason I continue to say the Lords Prayer is because I am still willing to go to any length to stay sober and be reasonably happy. Saying the Lords Prayer doesn't hurt me and might help but I use it as a measure of my willingness to continue to do the things that got me sober and keep me sober. It is part of the AA program whether we like it or not, whether we agree with it or not and so I use it because the program works. If your new to sobriety, get a grip on your sobriety first, then go out and fight the fights that you think need fighting.

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference. now thats a prayer.

Peace everyone
Thank you Niner.. 'nuf said as far as I'm concerned and that's my agenda as well.

as the SP states: "accept the things I cannot change..."

It is possible to start your own group, and do it your way.. then I I fear, as Jay stated the structure of the program begins to fragment... okay.. my petty 2 cents.

BTW.. Recoveree.. there are a couple of people who say their own prayer at the close of the meeting here at my group. Not a problem for any of us!

Don't sweat the small stuff! Peace!