View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Mania, Taz & everyone else are SO right!

When I went into detox because I thought it would help me in court with my DUI, I tried to stop drinking on my own. My knees shook, couldn't pick up a pencil, couldn't hold a cup of coffee, couldn't get a fork up to my mouth. Lovely! That's why when lunch hour came, off I went to the liquor store so I could get through the day without freaking. When I went to the hospital they said I should have never tried to do it alone, my bloodpressure was sky high. They said I could've had a heart attack, stroke, or seizure. I'm sure you're not as far gone as I was, but your symptoms sound scary. I wasn't drinking hard liquor at that point in my life either - just a 30-pack of beer all by my little self, if I started in the morning. Be thankful you are realizing what it's doing to you at a young age. You can turn it all around and never have to face a future of pain, loss, regret, remorse, humiliation, the list goes on and on. Finally, I decided to try & quit because my organs can no longer handle the poison. I have one last chance to clean myself up - I'm headed to my grave if I don't do it this time. (Husband & drinking buddy already in his for 2 yrs.) SR has been the reason I haven't picked up for 6 wks. plus! I still do not trust myself at all, though. Sending love & high hopes up there to Maine!