Thread: I feel lonely
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by Mar13 View Post
im not a religious person even my daughther goes to catholic school i dont like going to church so
No A.A. is not a religious organization. It is just a group of alcoholics trying to stay sober. There is a spiritual aspect associated with the Steps but refers to a Higher Power of our understanding. For example, electricity is stonger than me so I could consider that a Higher Power but someone else might see the Catholic God as their Higher Power. It is a personal thing rather than a group thing as far as that goes.

is the AA in churchs?
It is held in churches sometimes as that is a place that the A.A. group rents for that meeting. But it is just as easily held in community centers, nursing homes, etc..... I am glad it is as if church were a requirement then I would likely be still drinking or dead. My church experiences have not been positive.

if i have to pray i will prefer not to
As far as praying that is a personal choice also. It works for some. I know people that get on their knees every morning and night and pray a formal prayer. I also know some that never pray at all. What works for one as far as prayer goes may or may not work for another that is why it is something you would have to decide what works for you.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.