Thread: I feel lonely
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

You pose a good question
Originally Posted by Mar13 View Post
.....but if im drepressed and go to AA i will still be depress?
or a need other caind of help?
I have some experience with depression. I have fought with it for years both in and out of sobriety. One thing I have learned is that for me my depression is a chemical imbalance for the most part and at times a little situational.

The 12 Steps helped immensely and continue to help with the situational depression. But for the chemical depression I had to seek outside help.

I don't know if the chemical depression is a side effect of the damage I did to my brain while drinking or not but the fact of the matter is regardless of why I have it I have to deal with it. I will probably have to take medication for the rest of my life. But the alternative is not acceptable to me. When my depression is bad I get suicidal. I have been so blessed in sobriety that I would not want to throw that away simply because I wouldn't treat the medical condition of depression.

I hope you find what works for you. I would recommend seeing your physician and being as honest as possible regarding this matter. I personally, make a list of the things I need to tell my Dr. before I go to the appointment as I tend to downplay or forget essential things.