View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
spedteach

JustFedUp,
I don't want to be around while mine slowly but surely kills himself with what he's doing. Also, my son, being at such an impressionable age, I don't want him growing up thinking that it's normal for a dad to sleep on the couch (my ah's dad slept on the couch during his last marriage which ended in divorce after 25 years due to his drinking!! He thinks its "normal" for a man to sleep on the couch!) or treat his wife and kids like crap when he's in a foul mood!!! My little guy is so loving and is so innocent! I need to protect him from this craziness and right now, I too hope I have the balls to walk the walk and talk the talk. I think if we get divorced, or even separated, it'll push him over the edge...but NOT my problem or fault. He knows that deep down, everyone else has already turned their backs..it's pretty sad when his family is supportive of ME and not him....and he knows it....but he has friends, at least a bunch of them when he wants to go out drinking and being irresponsible!!
Sped teach