View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Lost-
though I know every state is different, I know her in GA CS would MUCh rather have children be with family, rather than foster care. When I worked in the neonatal ICU, when we had babies born to mom's who tested positive for drugs, the babies always went home to family members who passed drug and background checks.

We are dealing with CS now with my neice because her drug-addict dad made false allegations about us. The case worker we have had has been REALLY nice, is counseling my neice (something I've been suggesting for years) and has been very supportive. I had heard many horror stories of CS but I've been pleasantly surprised. We only have "guardianship" of my neice because we never really needed to adopt her (we have her for all rights and purposes) and we wanted her to be able to keep her mom's last name (her mom died in a car wreck when my neice was 13 months old)

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers. As a recovering addict, I agree with Connie. The drugs totally take over your life and until the addict gets sick and tired of being sick and tired they will never try recovery. I hope your daughter gets to that point soon.

Amy