View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Selah

Unhappy Codie Behavior or Actually Helping?

My abf or bf or whatever he currently is...is coming home from rehab next tuesday.
I spoke with his doctor yesterday and after reading about all of this codependency stuff I am questioning how much involvement I should be having.

The abf's mother has been very involved with the doctor regarding his recovery but I was certain she wasn't telling the "truths of their home."

When I spoke to her(the doc) I thought it was a bad idea for him to retun home from out of state. I think staying in a halfway or assisted community for while will really help him build his drug free base for a new life....I just feel if he comes back he will return to the job he hates(family business where he is not held accountable) return to a home where the mother drinks(not terribly but more than she should), other siblings that smoke pot, and an affluent neighborhood where most kids have so much money they dont have anything better to do. He's been told by his family it's ok if you smoke pot at least you're not taking pills...WHAT!

Today I get the feeling the doc may have mentioned this to the family...it's not the most sturdy environment for him to return to. I think the mom may be unhappy with me.

Did I cross the line? I felt as though this was a selfless act, of course I wanted to see him, before he left we talked of moving in together, marriage, etc. But truely he has no support group here except me and I feel like a codependent mess.