Thread: Heroin
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
rahsue
remember to breathe

first things first. stop fighting with your husband, the two of you are going to need each other for support. Read all you can on this site and share it with your husband.My 22 yr old son is my addict his drug of choice (DOC) is heroin. Knowledge is power, You'll find out just how much lying can go on in addiction. It doesn't matter how great your daughter was before the drugs, she's just like the rest of our addicts, she'll lie, cheat and steal if she has to to get high and theres no stopping her until she wants to stop. I know this sounds terrible but I've been going through it for 5 yrs and you'll find people on this site who have been going through it or have already gone through it alot longer. There are people here that are wiser than you can imagine. Read and have your husband read too. Its going to be a rough road so pack your bags with all the knowledge you can. You have to take care of yourself and not get yourself all bent out of shape worrying about what you can't change. I've been on this website since december and in that short time I've not only learned a great deal but I feel better as well. I don't cry nearly as much as I did before. I sleep sometimes now too. We are in this together and you'll get great support here. READ
good luck and by the way welcome to SR